PuTTY is an open source SSH and telnet client, developed originally by Simon Tatham for the Windows platform. Putty is a light-weight standalone application, that is easily to learn.
In addition, Putty also supports - Rlogin, Raw and Serial connections.
Putty is a well know tool among system and network administrators. However, Putty can be a handy tool for programmers, DBAs, and Software Testers as well, when working with Unix/Linux based systems.
Putty comes with many settings to customize your sessions to your project needs.
- Download and install Putty - Quick way & Installer way.
- Learn to launch duplicate & multiple sessions quickly.
- Establish SSH sessions to the same server with a different/same username.
- Customize & Tune Putty with various settings.
- Use X11 Forwarding to access Linux GUI.
- Automatically SAVE your SSH session to a file.
- Tips & Recommendations (Working on adding more)
- Securely Transfer files
Using other tools/components that come with Putty (Coming Soon)
Putty Cheatsheet (Coming Soon)